1) I would like to update my information
on an already filed FAFSA. How do
I do this?
After an application has been submitted, it must process before
corrections or updates can be made.
When the application has processed, a Student Aid Report (SAR)
will be mailed to the address listed on the application. When you receive the SAR, corrections can
be made in several ways:
1) Make corrections on the SAR and mail it to the address listed
on the last page.
2) If only the school codes or address need to be updated, you
can contact the Federal Student Aid Information center at 1-800-433-3243
for assistance with those updates.
3) If you have received a US Department of Education PIN for the
applicant, you can make corrections on the Department of Education website which you can reach by clicking the following link:
2) My marital status changed after I filed.
How should I correct this?
the student's marital status has changed since the time the application
was initially filed, the student should contact the school's financial
aid office for assistance.