FAFSA.us : Helping YOU receive the Financial Aid YOU deserve.

Documents needed
Please make sure you have the following information available for your online filing. Having this information on hand when you sit down to file will save you a great deal of time and will make the process go much smoother.

1. Student's Social Security Number

2. Custodial Parents' full names, dates of birth, and Social Security Numbers

3. Up to Six College Choices to send your information to. More may be added later.

4. Student's Driver's License Number

5. Income from all Sources

In the case of a dependent student, both the student and the custodial parents will need to provide
income from the previous tax year. (2005 income for the 2006-2007 form, and the income from 2006
for the 2007-2008 form)

We understand you may not have filed your taxes for the current year at the time of
FAFSA submission. You may certainly feel free to estimate the income in order to file
early. You will have the opportunity to make updates to your form when your tax return
is completed. This is often far more beneficial than waiting for your tax forms to arrive.

6. Amount of annual contributions to a voluntary retirement program & other untaxed income (i.e. IRA,
401(k), 403(b), KEOGH, SEP, etc.). If you are applying for aid for the 2006-07 school year, we will
need other estimated 2005 untaxed income as well, such as child support received, state tax refunds
received in 2005, Social Security benefits, welfare benefits, foreign income exclusion, housing, food,
and other living allowances paid to members of the military, clergy, and others, workers' compensation,
etc. If you are applying for aid for the 2007-08 school year, we will need the above mentioned incomes
and compensations received in 2006.

7. Estimated Value of your Investments

8. Estimated Savings

9. Email Address for both the student and the parents

These are important for maintaining communication with you after the transaction is

10. A valid credit card number

Please have a valid credit card number and expiration date handy. Our representative will not
be able to take your information and submit your FAFSA until you have paid for the service.

11. You will also need to report any UNTAXED income as well. Examples of this would be:

REMEMBER: If you do not have your exact information on hand you MAY estimate your income
information in order to get your application in as soon as possible.

-- child support received

-- contributions to a voluntary tax-deferred retirement program (401(k), IRA, and 403(b) programs),
normally from W-2 Form, boxes 12a through 12d, - codes D, E, F, H, and S

-- deductible IRA and/or KEOGH payments, SEP IRA, SIMPLE plans, etc. IRS Form 1040 (line 28 plus line
    32), or Form 1040A (line 17)

-- any Social Security benefits that were not taxed

-- tax exempt interest income from IRS Form 1040 (line 8b) or Form 1040a (line 8b)

-- welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

-- foreign income exclusion from 2005 IRS Form 2555 (line 43) or 2555EZ (line 18) for individuals filing
    for the 2006-2007 school year and 2006 IRS Form 2555 (line 45) or 2555EZ (line 18) for individuals
    filing for the 2007-08 school year

-- untaxed portions of pensions from IRS form 1040 (line 15a minus 15b) plus (16a minus 16b) or Form
1040A (line 11a minus 11b) plus (12a minus 12b) excluding rollovers

-- credit for Federal tax on special fuels from 2005 IRS Form 4136 (line 15) - non-farmers only for
    individuals filing for the 2006-2007 school year and 2006 IRS Form 4136 (line 20) - non-farmers
    only for individuals filing for the 2007-2008 school year

-- housing, food, and other living allowances paid to members of the military, clergy, and others
(including cash payments and cash value of benefits)

-- if you received Worker's Compensation

-- any Veterans non-education benefits, such as Death Pension or Dependency and Indemnity
Compensation (DIC)

-- any other untaxed portions of Railroad Retirement Benefits, Black Lung Benefits, Refugee Assistance,
etc. Don't include Student Aid, Education WIA (formerly JTPA) benefits, or benefits from flexible
spending arrangements (e.g. cafeteria plans)

-- cash received or any money paid on your behalf (e.g., bills), not reported elsewhere

Contact Us     |    Payments/Refunds     |    Legal/Privacy Statement