FAFSA.us : Helping you receive the Financial Aid YOU deserve.
Status & Procedure

Status & Procedures for the form How to make updates to Form
The big question of Dependency The needed Signatures and PIN
Technical Issues with our site What about your Tax return
Payment, Refund, and Privacy Statement Available Contact Information

1)  How do I check the status of my FAFSA?

If you would like to check the status of your application online, please click the following blue link:

2)  I want additional schools to receive my information but I have already submitted my FAFSA.What do I need to do to get my information to the appropriate schools?

In order for a school to receive your application and create a financial aid award package for you, that school must be listed on your FAFSA in Step Six.

If you need to add a school or schools to your application, there are two simple ways to do so:

1) With your SAR, you may call 1-800-433-3243 and add the school(s) over the phone.

2) With your PIN, you can click the following blue link to go to the Make Corrections web site:

With either of these methods, your school(s) will have access to your information within 3-5 days.

3)   There are only six spaces for schools to receive information.Do I need to file another form?

The student can only select up to six schools, at a time, to receive his or her application information. Once the student receives the processed SAR (Student Aid Report), the student can make the information available to more than six schools through one of the following options. The student can:

1) Replace the schools listed on the SAR with the other schools and their codes.If the student has the SAR, he/she can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 for assistance.This is the recommended method as it is the easiest.

If the student received a full six-page SAR, he/she can write the additional schools into Step Six and then mail the SAR to the federal processor (the address is listed on page eight).Please note that if the student makes additional corrections to the application, the original schools listed on the FAFSA will not receive these corrections.

2) Tell the other schools his or her Social Security Number, name Data Release Number (DRN) so that the federal processor can obtain an electronic version of the student's SAR from the U.S. Department of Education.

3) Send copies of the SAR to the additional schools. The student can do this in one of the following ways:

Photocopy the SAR and mail it to the other schools. The student can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (1800-433-3243) and request paper duplicate copies of the SAR. Then mail these copies to the other schools.

The student can click our blue link to go to the FAFSA web site at www.fafsa.ed.gov and select the "Print Student Aid Report (SAR)" option from the FAFSA Follow-up section. The student should answer the questions on the page that appears to display his or her SAR. The student should then select Print Summary from the left-hand navigation bar to print a copy of the SAR to mail to the other schools. Note: A U.S. Department of Education PIN is required to use this option.

4) I need the code for my school.How do I find it?

You can obtain the school code from the financial aid office at your college choices.Many schools financial aid offices also have references available online that list the school code.

5) I have more than one dependent student in my household.Is there a way I can replicate the parentsí information so I donít have to fill it in twice?

The Department of Education requires a FAFSA be submitted every award year for each person seeking financial aid.You will need to fill out the parentís income information completely for each student.

6) There have been significant changes in my income since I have filed my taxes. Is there something that can be done so I can receive the appropriate amount of aid?

If you believe you have special circumstances that should be taken into account, such as unusual medical or dental expenses or a significant change in income from one year to the next, contact the financial aid office at the schools to which you are applying.

7)  When is the deadline to file my form?

The federal deadline for the 2005-2006/2006-2007 award year is not until the middle of 2006/2007.However, virtually every school sets its own deadline for the various forms of financial aid. Some are as early as the second week of January and a few have no deadline at all.We strongly recommend checking with your school's financial aid office to determine exactly when your deadlines may fall.

8) I am going to be attending Summer school.What form do I need to file?

Schools vary in the award year they use for summer semester.You will need to check with the financial aid office at your school to find out what award year the summer term uses.

9) How do I file a renewal form?

Each award year, a FAFSA must be submitted to receive federal financial aid. Renewal FAFSAs are the same application as a New/Regular FAFSA. The Renewal FAFSA only fills in some of the information with last year's data to assist in the process. The online FAFSA preparation service we offer does not support Renewals at this time. However, we do encourage you to submit a Regular FAFSA for the school year, allowing us to assist you with our professional review and submission process.

10) Am I eligible to file the FAFSA?

To be eligible for federal student aid, you must meet certain requirements. You must be:

A U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen. You can click the following blue link to go to the Social Security Administration website(www.ssa.gov)

Registered with Selective Service (if required, you can click the following blue link to go to the Selective Service website www.sss.gov)

Attending a participating school **

Working toward a degree or certificate **

Making satisfactory academic progress **

You must not owe a refund on an overpayment on a federal grant or be in default on a federal education loan. (please call 1-800-433-3243 to verify)

You must have financial need (except for unsubsidized' Stafford Loans)

You must not have any federal or state drug convictions'

Other state or local requirements may apply. **

** Please contact the financial aid administrator at your collage of choice to clarify this further.

11)  What is an EFC and what affect does it have on my aid?

The EFC is the "Expected Family Contribution". The schools you list on the application receive your EFC with the rest of your information. They use the EFC to prepare a financial aid package to help you meet your financial need. Financial need is the difference between your EFC and your school's cost of attendance (which can include living expenses), as determined by the school.

12)  I have received an award letter but my funds still have not been distributed to me.

Each school has different policies on when financial aid is to be distributed.You will need to speak to the financial aid office at your school as to when funds are distributed.

Status & Procedures for the form How to make updates to Form
The big question of Dependency The needed Signatures and PIN
Technical Issues with our site What about your Tax return
Payment, Refund, and Privacy Statement Available Contact Information

If you have reviewed the links above and still have questions, please fill out the form below and we will reply via email. The more detailed your comments, the less research or review will be required allowing for a faster response time. Thank you.
Your Name:
E-mail address:
Contact Us     |    Payments/Refunds     |    Legal/Privacy Statement